Wednesday, September 3, 2008

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY AND THE HAPPY




Yesterday morning Kaitlin, Daddy and Happy Cat had delicious cuddles in bed and a bit of a lie-in. I'm pleased I caught it on film as it was the calm before the storm! The smiley photo above (no mummy is not a good nail cutter as you can tell from the massive scratch on her face) was very quickly followed by Miss Pouty Face, followed by Miss Cry the House Down. Poor little darling has tonsilitis now on top of everything else she has had to deal with! She also has conjunctivitis, diahorrea, and still teething those big molars. Back to hospital but we assured them we could deal with it all at home if they would give us the oxygen and equipment she needed. After ages away, another hospital stay was the last thing we wanted for her or ourselves. I was questioning that decision this afternoon as she has cried non-stop from 11:30 last night til 2:00 this afternoon and would not sleep. Part of me feel so sorry for her pain and illness, and another part of me feels sorry for myself for having to deal with it. I'll have to snap out of that, how selfish and she can't help it.

On a much brighter note, Kaitlin's Great Uncle Bernie sent over a stack of the COOLEST clothes for her and such a sweet letter with little pictures on it and lots of effort!!! I wanted to dress her up in them and take cute blog fashion show photos but she has been too unwell. He sent a gorgeous little denimn dress that she wore to the hospital, and I have to say she looked beyond styley and cute (not that I'm biased or anything!) and everyone commented on how fabulous and grown up she looked. Bernie has always taken the very best care of me and been a very generous uncle and friend. It's so lovely that this extends to my baby girl as well. THANK YOU BERNIE, VERY VERY MUCH - WE LOVE YOU!!! X

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have worked out how to use this thing. I wondered why all the other messages didn't show up but now I know. REGISTER FIRST.
Something happened to me about 32?? years ago. My sister, Heather, had the most perfect baby girl that I had ever seen in my life. Growing up in a family of 4 sisters wasn't great for my male ego. So all I ever wanted was a brother, but when Rebecca was born something changed. I realised just how lucky I was to have all these women around me and to this day I wouldn't swap any of them for a brother. Bec became part of who I am and and became the catalyst for the pride I feel in my family. But not just me, all of us. She was the first grandchild, the first neice, the first sign that we were all moving into adulthood. The pride we all felt then was something I thought could never be exceeded. But it has. Kaitlin may not have chosen her destiny, but she chose her parents very very carefully. I can't read this site without splashing tears all over the keyboard. Not tears of pity or tears of sorrow. But tears of pride. Immense pride that I can't put into words. Rebecca has always been sort of special to me. From the little photogenic girl that I must have snapped 1000 times to the crazy nutcase woman who showed me that Rough Rider condoms, despite their name, are saleable!!!
Bec, you are the most beautiful, most passionate, most loving and dare I say it, RESPONSIBLE woman. I am so proud of you and while Kaitlin may have some challenges, she has the best mum anyone could ever ask for. I love you more than I could ever express in a million words xxx Keep us up to date with everything that happens in Waynes, yours and Kaitins life. We may live far apart but our hearts will never seperate.

Anonymous said...

YaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have contact! I was gutted when Wayne said you called and I missed you again!! I was catchin some zzzzz's where I could as usual. That's why I'm sad and miss your calls as I go to bed really early cos I'm usually up at about 2am! You just made me cry. You said stuff there that I had't even realised. Please come over soon. I thnk we need to drink a bottle of red and chat. I love you so much, Becs xxx