Sunday, August 3, 2008

LEAVIN ON A JET PLANE


It's funny how when you're travelling with a baby, you look like you're packing enough stuff for 20 years not two weeks!!! Add to all of that an oxygen cylinder, tubing, special pushchair, carseat, and a nurse, and I think we're going to be a pretty funny looking entourage tomorrow. I'm sure Kaitlin will take it all in her stride (or at least I HOPE!) I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not so much going to resemble Posh, Angelina, Elle, or Nicole swanning around airports with their beautiful clothes and beautiful children, as much as an uncomfortably sticky, sweating, red, puffing, angry, running late, nicotine starved beast - with my beautiful child, who, as gorgeous as she is, won't be much help in the baggage handing department. We arrive in CHCH at 1:00 tomorrow and straight to the hospital, ready for Kaitlin's surgery on Tuesday. I must point out at this point that Wayne is the worlds best dad and between the two of us we handle our little beauty not sleeping, remarkably well. The prospect of doing this on my own for two weeks and POST SURGERY makes me feel knackered already! Wayne is also better at soothing Kaitlin when she is upset, I get upset myself when she is sick, and frustrated, so I'm going to have to dig deep I think. I'm the worlds worst sleep deprived person, ask Wayne. Or my mum. Or Wayne's mum. Or my brother. Or either of our dads. You get the picture.


On the good news front, Little Johnny is a box of birds and much stronger now for the surgery, so we are feeling very relieved and happy about that. We can;t wait for it all to be over and for Kaitlin to be back to her cheeky, sassy little self and feeling much better. I'm at home tonight and supposed to be packing. No new photos, so I'll leave you with an oldie but goodie. This is one of my faves, and I think the look shows how she will be feeling when she realises she is in my sole care for 2 weeks, heehee. WE WILL MISS U DADDY!!!!! xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bex its Ann(e) here. I agree thats a fantastic photo we will be thinking of you all over the next couple of weeks hope everything goes well for Kaitlin and she and you are both ready to party on the 16th see ya soon lots of love Ann and co. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

p.s. we're not really a nony mouse just not cool enough to be a member